Sprinkler System Inspections Winnipeg
Having a working fire sprinkler system installed is the single most effective means of fighting medium to large scale fires. Businesses can rely on SI Alarms Ltd for a detailed fire sprinkler inspection, a key component of your fire protection system. We provide inspections to protect your building and its occupants.
Annual Fire Sprinkler Inspection Requirements
Sprinkler systems, fire pumps and backflow preventers should be monitored regularly. The requirements set out in the NFPA 25, M.B. Fire Code Section 22.214.171.124 require a routine fire sprinkler inspection that includes an annual visual check to make sure the following:
- Meter size matches plans
- Sprinkler heads are not restricted
- Sprinkler heads match plans and are not painted or damaged
- Bell activates properly
- Underground piping matches plans
- Shut off valves control sprinkler riser
- Visually inspect operation and condition of all valves, piping, sprinklers, gauges, bracing, pumps, mechanical and electrical arms
- Static pressure at riser meets or exceeds calculations
- Flow test works properly, no partially closed valves
To schedule your annual sprinkler system inspection and testing, contact us today.
Other times to have a Fire Sprinkler Inspection
In addition to routine yearly check ups, your fire sprinkler system should be inspected every time there is a change in your building’s environment. Sprinkler systems are designed to meet specific conditions. If there are any changes to devices or settings we can help ensure the system exceeds regulation. SI Alarms Ltd. conducts quarterly and semi-annual inspections and tests. Our fire sprinkler technicians visually inspect alarm devices and your sprinkler system including specific connections and valves. You should plan to have a professional fire sprinkler inspection if you have:
- Changed in occupancy or use of your building
- Changes in water supplies
- Changed or added a sprinkler equipment (Backflow preventers and water meters)
- Building renovations, such as adding walls, partitions, etc
In addition to routine yearly check ups, SI Alarms Ltd. offers Monthly Inspections
- Multiple sprinkler and water valve components
- Other Equipment and fire alarm systems
To schedule a monthly sprinkler system inspection, contact us today.
Daily and Weekly Visual Inspections
NFPA 25 requires all commercial spaces to conduct daily and weekly inspections of your sprinkler system.
- We train your staff to perform visual inspections daily/weekly
- Trained in the area to understand when valves, components and trim are not showing deficiencies
- Read gauges to understand if they are operating within the appropriate limits
- Check for signs of air or water leakage
To schedule a training session for sprinkler inspections contact us today.
SI Alarms provides sprinkler services in:
Altona, Arborg, Ashern, Beausejour, Birch River, Bowsman, Brandon, Carberry, Carman, Churchill, Crystal City, Dauphin, De Salaberry, East Saint Paul, Elkhorn, Falcon Lake, Fisher Branch, Flin Flon, Gillam, Gimli, Gladstone, Grand Beach, Headingley, Hanover, Killarney, La Salle, Lac du Bonnet, Lynn Lake, MacGregor, McCreary, Miniota, Minnedosa, Morden, Morris, Neepawa, Niverville, Oakville, Pembina, Pinawa, Pine Falls, Portage la Prairie, Riverton, Roblin, Rossburn, Russell, Saint Andrews, Saint Georges, Saint Malo, Saint Clements, Saint Boniface, Selkirk, Shell River, Snow Lake, Snow Lake, Springfield, Steinbach, Stonewall, Swan River, Teulon, The Pas, Thompson, Victoria, Virden, West Saint Paul, Winkler, Winnipeg Beach, Winnipegosis & Winnipeg